1. The Alpena County Plaza Pool prides itself in offering a safe, positive, friendly environment and experience for all patrons. All patrons purchasing punch cards and passes are required to sign a patron user agreement. Those patrons participating in open swims please refer to posted rules and procedures. Patrons participating in swim lessons please refer to the on-line user agreement, by completion of the registration form serves as signature of a user agreement.
2. Patrons must shower their entire bodies with soap and shampoo before entering the water. Social swimmers that are not immersing their heads are not required to wash their hair.
3. Street shoes are not allowed in the shower or pool deck area. ONLY flip flops, crocks, or shower shoes are allowed.
4. Glass containers are not allowed in the pool.
5. Children under the ages of 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
6. Instructions are given by the lifeguards to ensure safety. At no time are patrons to instruct other patrons on procedures. Patrons must follow facility rules at all times. Failure to do so will result in removal from the pool.
7. Diving is only allowed at the deep end of the pool from a standing position. No diving is allowed in the shallow end or from the sides of the pool.
8. No running or horseplay. Horseplay includes flips, spins or twists for the pool edge.
9. Adverse behavior including but not limited to profanity, disruptive behavior and intoxication will result in removal from the pool. See procedure 13.
10. During appropriate Alpena County Plaza Pool programming flotation toys and life jackets are only allowed in the deep end of the pool for those passing a lap swim test. The lap test may include but is not limited to observation of “out of the water arm recovery”, rhythmic breathing and no stopping to rest during the test. Staff of the Alpena County Plaza Pool reserves the right to fail any patron who does not demonstrate safe and consistent swimming behaviors.
11. During lap swims patrons are to execute proper abilities and exercises in appropriate moderate or distance sections. Lap swimming etiquette rules must be followed in the circle swimming lanes. Etiquette rules are posted on the shallow end of the pool wall.
12. All patrons with children that are not toilet trained are to adhere to the fecal matter policy and diaper rule 16.
13. All equipment that is used during any program must be returned to its original location.
14. The Alpena Plaza Pool prides itself in meeting all community members’ needs. Anyone entering the property of the Alpena County Plaza Pool must adhere to the appropriate policies and procedures to ensure their safety and the safety of others. Our facility is not intended for rehabilitation. Participants must be able to physically and mentally perform the function required by the activity. Please refer to our safety policy for clarification.
15. Solicitation of Plaza Pool staff to work during unscheduled shifts and times without prior management approval is prohibited.
Fecal Matter Policy:
16. Diaper Rule: Children that are not toilet trained are required to wear Little Swimmers, available for purchase at Walgreen, Walmart and other local retailers.
An elastic waist and leg banded plastic protection pant can be worn over a diaper and is an accepted form of protection.
At no time is just a diaper considered an acceptable form of swim wear or protection.
In the event that a fecal accident should occur responsible parties will be charged a $100.00 disposal and clean-up fee.
Alpena County Pool Procedures:
1. If patrons are attending a program that follows other programming times patrons are to wait patiently on the bleachers until the end of previous program. Patrons may enter the water only with the lifeguard’s permission.
2. All patrons are to sign in prior to getting into the water. If attending back to back programming patrons must sign in for each program indicating method of payment.
3. If the patron is a “pass holder” passes must be presented prior to entering the water.
4. Specific pool parking is available parking in designated areas, marked pool parking, is required. Handicap parking is available and is indicated by blue cub lines and signs. At no time is parking in front of yellow lines or ambulance parking allowed. Vehicles in violation may be towed.
5. The Alpena County Plaza Pool is not responsible for lost or damaged articles. A padlock is recommended to ensure the safety of individual belongings. Locker rentals are available for $5.00 per month.
6. A lost-and-found basket is located on the pool deck. Plaza pool staff are not responsible for locating a lost item or addressing lost-and-found concerns. Items are retrieved nightly by contractual cleaning help and kept for two weeks. All patrons are responsible for retrieving lost items, no items are stored.
7. Locker room doors will be unlocked 5 minutes prior to the beginning of any swim time. At no time is “rattling” of locker room doors permitted, as this behavior results in unnecessary wear and tear on the lock mechanism and is distracting to lifeguard set-up this will result in the delay of opening the facility
8. Locker room doors will be unlocked 5 minutes prior to the beginning of any swim time. At no time is “rattling” of locker room doors permitted, as this behavior results in unnecessary wear and tear on the lock mechanism and is distracting to lifeguard set-up. Distractions result in the delay of opening the facility.
9. All information concerning scheduling, program descriptions, pricing or registrations are done via the internet on our webpage. Hard copies are available for patron pick up in the pool lobby.
10. The Alpena County Plaza Pool office is administered 6am-2pm. Monday-Friday any calls received after business hours will be returned by the next business day with the exception of holidays, summer maintenance and scheduled vacation time.
The Alpena County Plaza Pool is open most days!
1. The Alpena County Plaza Pool will remain open despite
Alpena Public School Closures, only there will be NO SENIOR FITNESS. In case of severe weather conditions, the the pool will close.