Whether you're looking for a place to work out, or a place to bring the family for a few hours of fun, the Plaza Pool has what you're looking for!
We are open seven days a week, so come by and see what we have to offer! For a complete description of our swims, please see the Swim Information page.
- Pool maintenance shut down is June 8 - June 26
- JROTC week is from June 27 - July 1. Pool will be open for a limited set of programs, generally early morning, noon, and evening.
Beginning in January, a new swim lesson session will start the first Wednesday of the month from January thru May
- Friends of Plaza Pool next meeting will be on Wednesday May 11th at the Aplex at 6:30pm.
Adult swim lessons!See a Lifeguard or call 354-8287 to register for lessons.
- Monday 12:30-1:30pm Leisure Lapping (only for the slower, head out of the water, non-structured workout swimmer. This hour is not for fast pace, competitive, flip turning swimmers) See a Lifeguard or Kris if you have questions
- Wednesday night 6:30-8pm Water Volleyball
Plaza Pool will be closed for the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Friday and Saturday after New Years Day
- Good Friday, Easter -- Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Memorial day weekend, Friday at 12:30, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
- Independence Day
- Annual Maintenance Closure, June 8 - June 26
- Labor Day (September 7)
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve (close at 12:30pm)
- Christmas Day
- Friday and Saturday after Christmas
- New Years Eve (after 12:30pm)
The Alpena County Plaza Pool will remain open despite
Alpena Public School Closures, only there will be NO SENIOR
FITNESS. If the weather is really bad then the pool will be closed.
If the pool closes it will be noted on this website and also on the
WATZ.com web page, as well as noted on the WATZ web site
and announced on WATZ radio.