Whether you're looking for a place to work out, or a place to bring the family for a few hours of fun, the Plaza Pool has what you're looking for!
We are open seven days a week, so come by and see what we have to offer! For a complete description of our swims, please see the Swim Information page.
Beginning in January, a new swim lesson session will start the first Wednesday of the month from January thru May
- Pool will be closed to the public, Saturday 2/13 for local swim meet 11-4pm
- February 18th, the pool will be closed from 7:30-2:30pm for AHS usage
- Upcoming fund raising events are: 1) Euchre Card game 2/13 at Aplex; 2) Quilt drawing 2/15 at the Pool at noon; 3) Calendar drawing last Friday of every month
- Friends of Plaza Pool next meeting will be on Wednesday February 10th at the Aplex at 6pm to finalize plans for the calendar fund raiser and other fund raising projects.
Adult swim lessons!See a Lifeguard or call 354-8287 to register for lessons.
- Monday 12:30-1:30pm Leisure Lapping (only for the slower, head out of the water, non-structured workout swimmer. This hour is not for fast pace, competitive, flip turning swimmers) See a Lifeguard or Kris if you have questions
- Wednesday night 6:30-8pm Water Volleyball
- For information about the Thunder Bay Schooners Swim Club contact president Patrick Heraghtypatron668@yahoo.com.
Plaza Pool will be closed for the following holidays:
- Easter Saturday and Sunday
- Memorial day weekend, Friday at 12:30, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
- Independence Day
- Labor Day (September 7)
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve (close at 12:30pm)
- Christmas Day
- Friday and Saturday after Christmas, 2015
- New Years Eve (after 12:30pm)
- New Years Day
- Friday and Saturday after New Years Day, 2015
The Alpena County Plaza Pool will remain open despite
Alpena Public School Closures, only there will be NO SENIOR
FITNESS. If the weather is really bad then the pool will be closed.
If the pool closes it will be noted on this website and also on the
WATZ.com web page, as well as noted on the WATZ web site
and announced on WATZ radio.